Monday, August 9, 2010

Just about 12 days to go...

So, the last post I made I was looking for a job.  I ended up finding a position at JC Penney, because I had worked there before.  Now, with only 12 days to go, I'm finished working there, and I'm now trying to do odd jobs for my grandmother and some work at my aunt's preschool to ensure that I have enough money.

I'm feeling a bit strange about it all.  Before, I was feeling like I really didn't want to leave everyone, but now it's as though my trip can't begin soon enough.  But with that excitement also comes fear.  I still don't know who I will be staying with.  Will they like me?  Will I be fed?  Will I have enough money to do all the things I want to do?  Will I get lost on my way into the city for the first day of school?

I've begun packing, and when I started getting things together about a week ago it didn't seem like it would be a problem, but now, the 50lb weight limit for the airline is like a death sentence.  I want to bring all the things I just bought and then some... 

Also, being from Southern California, I have few winter clothes, and it rains a lot in Copenhagen so I'm worried that the shoes I have purchased will not keep me dry.  Sadly, it is quite difficult to buy rain boots in Southern California.  I have a clunky pair of snow boots I could bring, but that brings us back to the weight limit issue.

So much to think about/worry about.  But it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment