Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sweden, Tivoli, Class, and Family time.

Wow it's been a while...so much to tell.  I apologize for all of these mega posts, but during the week I don't have a lot of time to write.

So here we go.  Friday night, no one was going to be home except me and my mom, so we went out and got some pizza, which is okay here, but different and it makes me miss New York Giant.  Then I think I finished watching Dexter and worked on a paper.  I had 2 papers due this week and lots of reading.  However, Saturday was my friend Julia's birthday, so we had plans to go to Tivoli.  Before that, my mom and I went over to Helsingborg, Sweden on a ferry.  It was only 48 kroner for a return ticket and it only took about 20 minutes to cross the Øresund.  It was a great day for such a trip, and we walked around the city, had coffee and cake in a cafe, shopped, and visited  Helsingborg castle.

When I got back home I got changed and got on the train to Copenhagen for Julia's birthday.  It was lots of fun, we walked around the park, took lots of pictures, got ice cream, and finally, we went on the tallest swing carousel in the world, which is 80m or 262ft.  The view of Copenhagen at night was incredible, though they made me take off my glasses so it was mostly a blur.  I will have to do it again and sneak them on somehow.
After the ride we went to dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe, which gave us a distinct American feel. We each got our meals, then waited for an hour for the check.  You would think, most likely, that this is bad service.  But in Denmark, it is good service.  They will never take your plates unless it is obvious that you are finished, and they will never force you out by giving you the check too soon.  In Denmark, all restaurants take hygge - coziness, very seriously, and they want you to feel comfortable.  So, they light candles, and let you stay there as long as you'd like.  It's actually quite nice.

Sunday and Monday and Tuesday I worked on papers and watched Project Runway, then in the evening after dinner on Sunday, my mom, Sofie and I watched The Proposal. :)

Wednesday I was free from field studies so I slept in and then my mom and I went  for a walk around Kronborg Castle.  We walked on the beach looking for amber (we didn't find any this time, but both my mom and a friend of hers from work have found it under the seaweed, so I am on a mission to find some also), and I saw a bunch of Jellyfish washed up on shore.  Then we reached the castle and walked around it and into the courtyard, though not in this time.  It was a very nice day.


This post is already far too long so I will post the next one right after this, because I feel this weekend deserves its own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment